This week, I am going to revisit the Hot Chocolate Toddy from a few weeks ago, but I am going to add a twist or two to liven it up a bit!!
It’s finally starting to feel like winter here in the Bluegrass State and nothing warms me up faster then Hot Chocolate and Bourbon! With all the rain we’ve been having, it’s added a little extra nip in the air, so I’ve come up with a solution…..I added more to the Hot Chocolate Toddy!
This version takes you to a camp fire with S’mores flavors and kicks up the flavor a notch with the addition of ginger and cinnamon. It can be enjoyed during any outdoor activity (and make it more bearable with there’s a chill in the air!) or in front of a roaring fire in your living room.
S’mores Cocktail with a Ginger Cinnamon Kicker
- 1 mug of your favorite hot chocolate (I personally like Xocolatl Small Batch Chocolate out of Atlanta. There website is http://www.xocolatlchocolate.com/ and believe me, it’s worth ordering from them!)
- 2 shots of good Bourbon
- 1 Graham cracker
- Powdered Ginger and Cinnamon to taste (I like a lot of ginger, so I usually make everything, taste, and add more!)
- Cinnamon sticks for stirring, and because they are fun!
- Bruleed marshmallow for garnish. Throw in a couple if you want, they look like they’re having fun, floating around in all that goodness!
- After preparing the hot chocolate, add in the bourbon.
- Next, crumble the graham cracker on top and sprinkle over powdered ginger and cinnamon. The graham cracker should dissolve and give you that perfect, campfire S’mores flavor!
- Stir with your cinnamon stick and add your marshmallows (I brulee mine over the stove when I don’t have a campfire!)
Sit back and enjoy!
I also encourage you guys to check out a new app called Phoodie. It’s like Instagram, but solely for food and drinks. I love it and find a lot of inspiration through it!
You can find out more at https://www.facebook.com/phoodielife/?fref=ts.