We are snowed in and the drinking shrubs were getting a little jealous from all the attention the bitters and tinctures were getting, so I had to make a drink featuring them! I have chosen to use the Apple Cardamom shrub from 18-21 Bitters. You will remember them from my previous posts. If you still need to order from them, or need to restock, check them out here…
Let’s get started!
Apple Cardamom Toddy Makes 2 Toddies (Because a Toddy is better when shared with a friend!)
- 2 Cups Water
- 4 Tbs. honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks (more if you want to garnish with them!)
- Juice from 2 Lemons
- 2 shot Apple Cardamon Drinking Shrub
- 2 shots of good bourbon
- Apple slice with cinnamon to garnish, if you choose (I always choose!)
- In a sauce pan, combine water, honey, cinnamon sticks, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let then turn the heat down to a simmer. Let simmer for about 5 minuets, letting the beautiful aroma fill your house! (You can make this in larger batches and keep in your refrigerator for about two weeks. Heat before serving)
- Divide the heated liquid between 2 mugs and add bourbon and shrub. Garnish with apple slice.